Under the hood, under the skin or in the cabin, Mustang features an impressive list of hightech features. The available Track Apps™ gives you performance metrics – everything from acceleration times to g-forces measurements. The Shelby® GT500® can be equipped with the SVT Performance Package, featuring SVT-designed Bilstein™ electronic cockpit adjustable dampers, allowing you to dial in the type of ride you want. Available SYNC® lets you activate your phone, music and more, and the available Navigation System with integrated SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link provides directions, traffic alerts and gas prices. Brains and brawn. Nobody does it like Mustang.
The factory-installed Track Apps™ provides a wealth of performance data. Using the steering wheel-mounted five-way buttons, you can view six menu options. Information displayed includes:
-Accelerometer shows lateral and longitudinal g-forces
Standard on V6 Premium, GT Premium and Shelby® GT500.®
Adjustable Performance Features
The Performance Package, available on the Shelby® GT500®, includes Bilstein™ engineered, cockpit adjustable dampers, that allow you to select either standard mode for a comfortable ride over less-than-perfect roads or sport mode for more of a performance feel. Selectable electronic power assisted steering (EPAS) adjusts to deliver precise responses at high speeds and eases maneuverability at slower speeds when needed. You have the choice of standard, sport or comfort settings. AdvanceTrac® electronic stability control (ESC) gives you four options on the Shelby GT500; two options on the V6 and GT models. If you want to push your Pony on the track, you can fully turn the traction control off and disable electronic stability control. For regular street use, you can leave AdvanceTrac fully engaged.
HID headlamps produce two and one half times higher output than conventional bulbs, while consuming 20 percent less power than conventional halogen bulbs. Additionally, these headlamps last longer than halogen bulbs. Head- and taillamps also include signature light-emitting diode (LED) lighting.
Selectable Electronic Power-Assisted Steering
The selectable electronic power assist steering (EPAS) gives you the option of 3 different driving experiences which adjust, by your command, to deliver precise responses at high speeds and reduces steering effort at slower speeds. It’s up to you. By removing the belt-driven hydraulics, it helps deliver improved fuel efficiency. EPAS allows you to choose from three settings. Standard: This is the default factory setting. Sport: There is slightly greater steering effort required with more road force felt through the steering wheel. Comfort: There is slightly less steering effort required with less road force felt through the steering wheel.
SYNC® with AppLink™
Available voice-activated technology that helps you keep your eyes on the road and stay connected to your world.
• Hands-free calling means you never have to miss a call. If your phone rings, you can answer with the push of a button, and you can make a call with the sound of your voice.
• AppLink144 allows you to voice-control some of your favorite mobile apps such as Pandora® internet radio and iHeartRadio® while driving.
• Just plug in your compatible digital music player, USB drive and browse your music collection by genre, album, artist, playlist or song title using voice commands.
• Say “Bluetooth® audio” and you can listen to whatever’s on your phone wirelessly, even your favorite audiobook.
• Stay connected and you could have your incoming texts read to you with audible text messaging.
• SYNC Services is complimentary (excluding E-Series) for three years and provides turn-by-turn directions, 411 business search, personalized sports scores, news, stock quotes, horoscopes and more. SYNC Services is available on select vehicles and may require a subscription fee when added.
• 911 Assist® can use your connected mobile phone to call 911.
And that’s just for starters.
Navigation Package with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link
The available Navigation System with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link combines Global Positioning System (GPS) technology with 3-D mapping and provides voice-guided turn-by-turn directions. With SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link, you’ll get detailed traffic information, plus current and forecast weather, gas station locations and prices, sports scores and schedules, and theater locations with movie listings and times. Included with the system is a 10GB digital jukebox for accessing music files. View a DVD movie on the Navigation System when the vehicle is in Park.
Rear view Camera
Get a clear view behind your vehicle when you are backing up slowly with the available rear view camera, which is activated when the Mustang is shifted into Reverse. A small camera mounted within the decklid spoiler then displays a video image in the rearview mirror or on the Navigation System screen (on models equipped with a Navigation System). The screen image includes colored guides to give the driver a better perspective of the vehicle’s center point and periphery. The rear view camera is optional on Mustang V6 Premium and GT Premium.
The Tech Package makes your driving experience more convenient. Features include:
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls
• Six-way power driver’s seat
• Auto-dimming mirror
• Light-emitting diode (LED) fog lamps (V6 models)