Don’t think of the 2014 Ford Focus as just a performance car. It’s also big on efficiency. There’s the Focus Electric – it has an EPA-estimated rating of 110 city MPGe* The Focus ST features a 252-horsepower** turbocharged direct-injection 2.0L EcoBoost® mated to a six-speed manual transmission and ST-exclusive performance features. And no matter which Focus model you choose, they all feature Torque Vectoring Control and electric power-assisted steering (EPAS) for control, AdvanceTrac® ESC with ABS for peace of mind and a fully independent control blade rear suspension for sporty fun.
You don’t have to be a driving enthusiast to appreciate the 2014 Focus. Actually, this car will turn you into one. There’s standard Torque Vectoring Control, which provides torque to the wheels that have the most grip. It virtually eliminates understeer, forcing the front end to hug the inside of each curve. The engine features twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT) for an extra measure of precision that contributes to efficiency or power output, as conditions demand. Look at some of the other performance features we put into the Focus:
• Standard 2.0L Ti-VCT direct-injection I-4 flex-fuel engine
• Available PowerShift® six-speed automatic transmission
• Electric power-assisted steering (EPAS)
• Aerodynamic design*
• Active Grille Shutters
• Available sport-tuned suspension
• Rear stabilizer bar, fully independent control blade rear suspension
*Not available on Focus ST and Electric.
Just because it looks and handles like a sports car doesn’t mean it has to burn gas like a sports car. Check out these numbers:
• SE Sedan with SFE Package: EPA-estimated rating of up to 28 city/40 hwy/33 combined mpg*
• Focus ST with 2.0L EcoBoost® engine: EPA-estimated rating of 23 city/32 hwy/26 combined mpg*
• Focus Electric: EPA-estimated rating of 110 city/99 hwy/105 combined MPGe**
*Actual mileage will vary.
**Actual mileage will vary. MPGe is the EPA equivalent measure of gasoline fuel efficiency for electric mode operation.
Available PowerShift® Automatic Six-Speed Transmission With SelectShift®
Part of what makes Focus so fun to drive is its fully engaging available PowerShift automatic six-speed transmission. It delivers seamless gear changes and excellent responsiveness. Certain models also include available SelectShift, which lets you change gears at the touch of a button.
Electric Power-Assisted Steering
EPAS automatically adjusts to deliver precise responses at high speed and optimal maneuverability at slower speeds when needed. Its pull-drift compensation technology constantly measures the driver’s steering input, adapts to changing road conditions and helps compensate for slight directional shifts caused by factors such as uneven road surfaces or crosswinds. What you’ll notice are enhanced responsiveness and excellent control, specifically tuned for each Focus model. EPAS on Focus ST is enhanced with a variable EPAS rack. This gives you more precise steering and means more aggressive tuning of the torque steer compensation, allowing you to accelerate while still maintaining grip on roads with uneven surfaces. The system detects the torque steer that those conditions can create and counteracts the effect to help you feel in control.
AdvanceTrac® Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
Both AdvanceTrac ESC and the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) are standard on every Ford Focus. This state-of-the-art system constantly monitors road conditions and the driver’s responses, then adjusts engine power and applies ABS to help keep all the wheels firmly planted. ESC brings an added measure of handling confidence to the agility you’d expect in a Ford Focus.
The Focus ST is equipped for the true driving aficionado. Features include:
• 252-horsepower* turbocharged direct-injection 2.0L EcoBoost® mated to a six-speed manual transmission
• Variable-ratio steering rack that makes steering less sensitive on the straightaways, but increases sensitivity at the corners
• Torque Vectoring Control, which adjusts the speed between the front wheels to enhance cornering agility and reduce understeer, helps hold the road better while accelerating through a corner
• Electric power-assisted steering (EPAS) with enhanced torque steer compensation
• Front-wheel drive
• Front and rear disc brakes
*Figures achieved with 93-octane premium fuel.
Focus ST Wheels
Eighteen-inch Y-spoke painted aluminum wheels are standard on the Focus ST. If you want to turn some heads and make your ST stand out even more, add the available 18-inch Rado Grey aluminum wheels, which provide front and rear disc brakes with red calipers (summer tires only).