Plan For The Big Move: Finances Checklist
Moving to the USA for a new work assignment can be an exciting, yet stressful time. We have compiled a comprehensive list of things within 6 core categories to keep in mind for your move to the USA. Your situation will be unique and most likely have other considerations to add to this checklist but our intent is to help get you started in planning ahead. Make sure to research, understand, and take advantage of what resources your employer provides to support you with items on this checklist. Most importantly, plan ahead as much as you can, take one step at a time, and stay calm. Read below for our finances checklist.
- Notify your current financial institution or bank about your relocation plan and schedule.
- Settle any outstanding bills or debts.
- Research finance management options to handle your transactions while in the USA.
- Consider online banking services with fund transfer and debit/credit card capabilities.
- Research how you can build your U.S. credit history while financing purchases in the USA.
Download the full relocation checklist to see what items every expatriate should consider when planning a move to the USA.