As the season changes so do the road conditions. Check out these spring driving tips to keep you safe on the road.
- Prepare your vehicle for rain – Replace your windshield wipers at least once a year.
- Steer Clear of large puddles – Driving through a puddle can impair your brakes, cloud your vision, or cause you to hydroplane and lose control of your vehicle.
- Share the Road – More motorcyclists, bicyclists and pedestrians will be out on the road as the warmer weather arrives and sometimes they can be unaware of the traffic around them. Be alert and stay focused around intersections and in residential communities
- Avoid Potholes if possible – Numerous potholes have resulted from the winter weather and can be very destructive to your tires. Potholes can also throw your car’s front end out of alignment. If it is not possible to avoid, apply the brakes before hitting a pothole and release them prior to impact to avoid costly repairs. Never break during pothole impact as more damage can occur.
- Check your tire pressure – Keeping your tires properly inflated can reduce damage from potholes, uneven pavement and other road hazards
- Air Filter – Changing your car’s air filter can help to minimize the amount of dust or pollen that enters your vehicle and help with seasonal allergies during travel.