Should you Buy, Lease or Rent? The quick answer is usually tied to the length of time you want or need the vehicle. Buying usually works best for terms over 3 years, leasing for 2-3 years, and renting for short-term periods less than 2 years.
However, every expat has a unique situation when it comes to their relocation, work assignment and personal transportation needs. There are many parameters to consider when deciding which method of vehicle ownership works best for you and your family.
That’s why IAS offers a variety of expat programs for purchasing, leasing, and renting vehicle solutions to meet your requirements.
Your IAS Product Specialist can help you decide or you can download our Buy, Lease, or Rent Guide for expats to learn more and help you select your best option.
- Learn the core considerations to help make your decision
- How the length of your work assignment plays into the decision
- When your selected vehicle or driving style sways the choice
- Why each expat with no U.S. credit history can have multiple options
- The best way to get started in gathering more information